As directed by our district technology committee, I have been doing research on what it would take to implement a 1:1 computing initiative in our school. I stumbled on America’s Digital School report and the following are the top six trends in technology and education.
- Large-Scale 1:1 Implementations Are Alive and Well
- Learning Management Systems Go Mainstream
- Online Assessment Is Replacing the No. 2 Pencil
- The Student Computing “Race to Mobility” Accelerates
- Interactive Whiteboards Come Into Their Own
- Awareness of the Internet Bandwidth Crisis Reveals New Concerns
I would say that currently in Byron, all of the above areas have been discussed or started to implement over the last several years. I have begun to collect my 1:1 resources – http://delicious.com/jenhegna/1to1 and would appreciate any feedback OR useful research you have found. I am also looking for 1:1 research regarding the infrastructure, training, and support needed to have a successful 1:1 program.