Disappointment 2.0

I am extremely disappointed.  I have been blogging for two years using edublogs.org.  About a year ago I discovered they had an excellent plugin that would allow me to measure the traffic (hits) of my blog, by using a service called Google Analytics.  Well, about a week ago my hits stopped.  At first I thought it was me and maybe my lack of good content, but I was receiving replies and still no hits.  That led me to my looking at my plugin settings and there it was…I was to be a supporter to continue using analytics with edublogs – AKA pay $40.   There was no warning.  It was gone.  Is this start of a  new trend?  Get the tools into the hands of the educators and then when the timing is right, hit em with a tab $!  As a site that is geared towards teachers and education I really have to wonder if this was in educations best interest or Edublogs?  I guess the $40 answers my question!

2 Comments
  1. Jen, I can understand your disappointment – maybe the company was paying for the tracking and can no longer afford it. Love your data graphic – and love that you enjoy blogging so much!

I will certainly enjoy visiting here.

Datta Kaur