Yesterday I attended an excellent webinar called “Designing Agile Learning Spaces” Presented by Bill Selak, Director of Technology and Ilsa Dohmen, CTE Research Designer and 6th Grade Science Teacher at Hillbrook School. While watching, I did a lot of reflecting around our new pk-2 building (Due Fall 2016), our current buildings/classrooms AND our district’s strategic plan. There were many resources provided by the participants and audience that I am including in this post. Side note – I absolutely loved the action research this team did to measure success of these environments!
Webinar – Designing Agile Learning Spaces (just enter name and email and you will have access) The webinar is an hour – and is very worth it. Maybe one of the best I have seen in some time!
One of the resources provided by the audience, I especially liked, was the Modern Learning Environment Matrix. I appreciate the guiding questions for each criteria in each phase. Scroll to the very bottom and you some guiding questions for measuring the success of these environments including:
- Ubiquity in Learning
- Student Agency
Modern Learning Environments
- About Modern Learning Enviorments – http://www.core-ed.org/sites/
- Matrix – http://www.core-ed.org/
Other links worth reviewing and provided in the webinar
- Teaching for Learning – Classroom Design approach
- Ripple seating – so much fun! – http://www.coalesse.com/
- Redesigned Learning –http://classroom21c.weebly.
- 10 ideas for designing engaging classroom space http://etale.org/main/
2013/08/10/10-ideas-for- designing-an-engaging- classroom-space/comment-page- 1/#comment-2929
- Hillibrook iLab Gallery – http://hillbrookilab.com/
Where are you and your district in your journey of designing modern classrooms/schools? Please share any resources you have found to be valuable!