Currently our district is in the process of technology planning for the next 3 years. As part of the process I made site visits to each of our schools to seek input from our teachers. I shared with them videos as well as the 2010 Horizon Report (2011 just came out!).
Then I asked teachers to think and respond to the following questions:
- What technology ideas do you have that would enhance/support your student’s learning IN and OUTSIDE your classroom?
- What technology ideas do you have that would enhance/support YOUR learning IN and OUTSIDE your classroom?
- What technology ideas do you have that could help you do a better job at teaching or help you be more productive?
- What technology ideas do you have that could help our district save money?
What do I see in my Educational crystal ball?
- Education based on student inquiry, authentic assessments, social constructivism, and digital citizenship
- Engaging learning/teaching environments in and outside our classrooms for all district stakeholders
- Mobile devices – Student owned and district owned
- Personal learning plans for all students/staff that indicate individual needs as well as talents
Above are just a few of the things I see coming to education in the near future. What am I missing? A template of this Google Doc was created and shared with our schools and district technology committee as a way to seek input. I would also ask that you share your ideas if interested! Either use the Google doc or reply to this post….. What should we be considering for the next 3-4 years?